Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered 4in exhaust and wanting to put a 5 or 6in tip on it. I just wanting to see some pics of your exhaust tips. Thanks alot guys

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
the six inch tip looks funky on a 4" as it just grows too much too fast

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
not if it's done right. my 6" is 18" long and it looks correct, proportionally.

although, my truck is a bit bigger than a normal pickup.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya my truck is stock height would 6in be to big?

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
do it right, make it look nice and get a good 5" tip, double wall, like a silverline, or MBRP. no rolled edges. that will look nice.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i get a free tip with my silverline exhaust i bought but i think its bolt on and i want a weld on one

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I like to stick with no bigger than 1" increase in diameter unless you can get a pretty long tip to hide the transition.

I have a 6" double walled MBRP tip on my 5" magnaflow exhaust. Honestly I wish it was a bit longer, and somewhat dissapointed in size as it seems just right and not what I was innitially thinking (Holy crap 6" is HUUGE lol)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like to stick with no bigger than 1" increase in diameter unless you can get a pretty long tip to hide the transition.

I have a 6" double walled MBRP tip on my 5" magnaflow exhaust. Honestly I wish it was a bit longer, and somewhat dissapointed in size as it seems just right and not what I was innitially thinking (Holy crap 6" is HUUGE lol)

do you have a pics of it from the side

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hows the tip look like going to 4 to 6 does it look good? or out of place like we talked about above

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts

4 inch exhaust to 6inch tip

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Do a 6" itll look good, my exhaust is from bullydog and i went ahead and ordered my tip. Its a 6" tip double wall rolled edge. I think it was about 18" long, it goes up under the truck a little ways, but looks good and with my truck straight piped, sounds mean as hell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts