Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have taken the 48v FICM out and put in the 58v... What did see in this change? Easier cold starts, Quicker throttle, More power?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Much easier cold starts, she fires a whole lot better, throttle response was a little better as well. Power wise havent really dynoed either. I have a stock 03 flash anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm dealing with a failing FICM. On start up my Scanguage says it is around 36 and it drops. It takes about 10 min before it hits 48v. I know I need to get another one, but waiting on the funds. My question is.... What type of damage am I doing to the injectors?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'd replace ASAP, when you decide to get one let us know, we carry FICMs 48v, 58v and tuned ones by KEM.

Sent from Holderdown Performance mobile command center

·
Registered
102 Posts
PM the price. Seth just got it redone a few weeks ago and now I'm looking at another expense.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Whats all involved to increase the voltage? Are there instructions floating around here somewhere, I cant seem to find them?

I'm dealing with a failing FICM. On start up my Scanguage says it is around 36 and it drops. It takes about 10 min before it hits 48v. I know I need to get another one, but waiting on the funds. My question is.... What type of damage am I doing to the injectors?
Take it apart and resolder it back together, pretty simple to do and there are instructions floating around here somewhere

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
Much easier cold starts, she fires a whole lot better, throttle response was a little better as well.
I noticed all the same things. 58v ficm here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cloud26,

I'd replace ASAP. It will eventually go to a reading of "0" and then your stranded. I also know of some that ignored it to the point to where the board can't be rebuilt.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can tell a difference with a 58v and bigger Injectors last winter the truck would take a little bit to crank with a 48v stock ficm

·
Registered
709 Posts
Think I paid 450

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Thats a lot of money for something that only makes a slight difference. Is it always $450? Any impressions from a stock truck?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think that's what they cost threw swamps

·
Registered
40 Posts
I repaired mine 3 times till I gave up, picked one up from Innovative and YES, it starts way better cold (not plugged in) mileage actuall went UP 3 MPG (14.7 ish around town) and yes better response. biggest bummer is they didnt want my core so it ran me $700

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only thing I noticed was better cold starting. I needed a new one though and figured if I'm going to buy one I may as well get the higher voltage. There are other mods I would spend $$$ on before I would replace a working 48v.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts