Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 55w foglight kit from Debears2k, and I got it all hooked up, and they worked fine, then I turned them off and went in to get some electrical tape to finish up the job, now they wont come back on. I reinstalled the factory bulb, and it wont come on either, so Im thinking since they are 55w I blew a fuse.

1. I dont have an owners manual, so can someone tell me which fuse is the fog light fuse, and

2. whatever size fuse it is, can I go up so that it wont blow again, if so how far can I or do I need to go up.

Thanks for your help

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
not sure on the fuse part..i dont have factory running lights,,but i have a set for back up lights and a set of running lights on my tractor trailer that are both 55W..i run a 5 amp fuse to the switch that triggers a 30 amp relay to power the lights...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
possibly , assuming all the wiring on that circut is rated for the amp load. but I assume the fuse was blown, and while you were taping ya didn't ground nothing etc. try another 10 if that pops you may have other troubles that 55 sould only draw 4.6 amps or so but 2 would be right at 9.1 sumn
so maybe 10 is too close.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
possibly , assuming all the wiring on that circut is rated for the amp load. but I assume the fuse was blown, and while you were taping ya didn't ground nothing etc. try another 10 if that pops you may have other troubles that 55 sould only draw 4.6 amps or so but 2 would be right at 9.1 sumn
so maybe 10 is too close.
could i due a 12 fuse, or must it be the 10A

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If it was my truck id probably stick a 12 in.
But keep an eye on wires check for heat etc, don't want a melt down.

Trailer lights put a boat load of running lights on, not sure the wattage but prob at least 12 bulbs. But you prob want atleast 12ga wire, 10 may be better

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
you need to replace the fuses with the stock amperage. Then you need to run a relay with direct battery power for the foglight to work properly and not blow fuses or melt anything.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok ill prolly just do the relay kit..if i would known 55w was such a pain i woulda just got the 35w kit.. crap

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
in most cases the 35w would have done the same thing, the fuse for the fogs was never intended to have enough amps to ignite an HID ballast FWIW

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
10 ga wire is prob larger then what was there. but relays are easy to pop in
def the best route, better for your lights too.
iirc my step dads 05 came from the stealership with a set of hellas that had separate wiring and relays, cause i was gona steal his oem lights hiding behind them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts