Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a little video of what I can't see when driving. First part is a quick spin in the gravel followed by a half throttle pull, easy on the shifts.

Second part is an easy roll on to full throttle and a quick lift.

The axle movement is pretty stupid. And I'm not to fond of that pop when the converter locks either.

I think it's time to replace the rear springs with trailing arms and a panhard bar. Then use semi truck bags for support.

I'm not wasting the time on traction bars when it rides like crap as it is.

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
wow that is crazy! kinda scary actually!

·
Registered
482 Posts
That last part is pretty crazy how much it moved, people would be surprised I guess if they could see how much they moved. I hadnt done mine yet, but ive "heard" of people actually getting a better ride after traction bars. But I dont know.

Dude where is the camera lol? View is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thats scary, I hope one day I have to worry about that LOL. Nice video of a problem though! Can't believe it would have came out there clear.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice...That was a good vid-- a side view of the pinion angle change would be pretty cool also. Even with my lowly 335hp, the driveline noise changes tell me when the axle is moving the pinion from quasi-happy to pissed off. I was surprised at how much the pinion moved up. My pinion angle is already above the driveline and seeing that affirms that its needs to be lower.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
He has some nice One up offroad traction bars... Plus some drive line work.. That is one bad a$$ truck Denny's got!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Saw his truck last weekend. He burned both 40" tires off in an intersection... LOL.. He has a locker back there too... LOL

·
Registered
292 Posts
:eek:

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I feel your pain......big tires, and dumping the clutch

without traction bars

with traction bars

I'm not sure......but I don't think the u-joint is supposed to come in contact with the pinion flange........can you say bad axle wrap....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
Wow thats some axle wrap Charles. Kinda neat how you straped the camera in by the rear end. Time for some ladder / traction bars! You're losing hp and power whenever the pinion angle turns up like that.

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Charles, there is a real easy fix to that and it doesn't involve any of the parts on your list.... CALTRAC'S!!! They will cure your problem AND get more of your power to the ground...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts