Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to let everyone know i switched to a 2000 sd pcm and 4r100 in my 95 cc/lb 4x and my truck ran flawless for 500 mi today half of that towing a 8-10k trailer. the pcm swap was pretty straight forward , lots of book work and the rest moving wires. my truck is not stock it has a irate t4 s366 ,99 intercooler , t500, mbrp , 238/100 , gearhead tunes , e fuel , bts 4r100 . im just impressed how well this thing runs compared to my 01 sd with intake exhaust and chip. towing in the hills i never got over 1100* deg. i love the shifting with this setup much better than the e4od the idle is smooth . soon i will post up all the info and whats involved.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What's the bennifit?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seems to me,.... that with the advances in technology as far as the E4OD vs the 4R100 goes,.... the swap wouldn't be worth the effort?

FWIW,....
My "built" E4OD has 4R100 guts in it. So that part is null.

IMO,....If a someone is looking for every last ounce of power, maybe the ability to tune it a little better might be benificial, but for most people,.....probably not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to me,.... that with the advances in technology as far as the E4OD vs the 4R100 goes,.... the swap wouldn't be worth the effort?

FWIW,....
My "built" E4OD has 4R100 guts in it. So that part is null.

IMO,....If a someone is looking for every last ounce of power, maybe the ability to tune it a little better might be benificial, but for most people,.....probably not.

well because IMO, i have the mechanical knowhow and a bts 4r100 that was out of my 01 , so it was worth it. plus with the smooth idle with 238/100's it is really nice. the 4r100 shift strategy is way better than the e4od ,seems to shift down when i really get on it and the e4od seemed to not want to. i guess when ford built the superduty maybe they should have put the 4r100 internals in the e40d and saved money on all the input and output shaft speed sensors ? i personally didnt like the hunting idle of the 95 pcm and the choppy idle when coming off the throttle . if i closed my eyes it really sounds and feels like my 01 with the smooth idle driveability and power. why be just like everyone else ? i personalized my ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts