Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to run some WMO in my 96 PSD I am planning on running 50/50 WMO diesel mix. So my question is do I need to add the 15-20% RUG to the WMO if I will be mixing 50/50 with pump diesel? I only plan on running 50/50 through the warmer months.
Thanks
Corey

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2005 6.0L The 50/50 was way too much. I had to reduce it down to about 10-15% WMO. My EGR valve started sticking open and it seems like one injector was stuck but somehow unstuck itself. I haven't had any problems running 5 gallons of filtered WMO (no RUG just filtered) to 1 micron per tank of fuel.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I ran 50/50 and did not use any gasoline for about 20,000 miles with no problems. Over time, my truck will start smoking. It runs fine, but smokes, and if you put your foot in the floor, you can't see anything behind you. So I cut back the oil some.

I think each truck is different. I have a friend that is running 50/50 and it doesn't smoke at all, plus it runs great.

The regular unleaded gas is used when you don't mix the oil with diesel fuel. I never had any success with that. It made tons of smoke.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that the safest bet is that you try something that has been tested by someone else, then if you want to come up with your own "mix" to do the conversion slowly so that you can watch for any potential problems that might come up. If your truck reacts differently to a particular composition then you won't be at too much risk or a major issue happening if you do a slow switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts