Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to puting my 5'' straight pipe on tomorrow is there anything special i need to do so or anythng i should know before i get into it? Is it a long prosses or shoud it go farly smooth?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It is very straight forward. Spray down the hangers and sensors an hour before install, that helps quite a bit.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Yes for sure spray hangers, sensors and 2 bolts on downpipe with lube makes it way easier!! What kind of exhaust is it?? Flow Pro??? For getting the stock out i took my spare tire out and dropped the tin guard that when around the tire make it way way easier to pull out i also separated it at the DPF and muffler that little piece of pipe comes apart pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Getting the exhaust out without moving stuff makes it way harder. I didn't and it was a wrestling match. Lube is your friend!

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
if you have the skid plate for the transfer case...remove it so you can drop it out with ease!
word to the wise...remove the dpf/cat as a whole system just in case. makes it easier just incase you have to put back in and you save money on a gasket if you destroy the other one, just an fyi.
good luck bud

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is flow pro from rudys and thanks for the info very helpful ill just try it and see how it goes.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Same as what i got, the band clamps suck with the flo pro i just tack welded all the connections just to be safe. The band clamps you just can't get tight enough, get different clamps or just tack weld the connections for safety

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i was going to do it tonight but got to bussy i am going to try and tackle it this weekend forsure thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Same as what i got, the band clamps suck with the flo pro i just tack welded all the connections just to be safe. The band clamps you just can't get tight enough, get different clamps or just tack weld the connections for safety
x2 put a weld around mine as well. just did it so it would break off incase of putting on the stock system. good luck. them hangers in my case anyway were a pita.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts