Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting a 5" exhaust from the downpipe back. where does the 5" start after the downpipe connection. ive seen some companies that use a piece of 4" then step up to the 5". how is the flo pro made. looking for 5" as close to the downpipe as i can get. thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot for the info. im having a hard time deciding which brand. i have a stainless flo pro dpf/cat delete that is 2 years old and completetly covered in rust. should i go with aluminized. ive never had stainless exhaust rust like this on any car.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Most stainless kits are made from T409 stainless which will get surface rust. It wont hurt anything, but it looks terrible. The aluminized kits actually look much better after a few years time than the stainless kits do. A quality aluminized kit will last you 10+ years even in the harshest environments.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Can't really go wrong with any of the big name brand exhausts, but I like the flo pro exit angle the best out of all of them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice. While I am asking questions. Why do most go with the 12" long mbrp tip instead of the 15" long flo pro. I like the shorter one. Just wondering about the flo pro tip on the flo pro 5" system.

Also, Jeff do you have the aluminized system. I know you are not too far from me as far as weathering goes.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Thanks for the advice. While I am asking questions. Why do most go with the 12" long mbrp tip instead of the 15" long flo pro. I like the shorter one. Just wondering about the flo pro tip on the flo pro 5" system.

Also, Jeff do you have the aluminized system. I know you are not too far from me as far as weathering goes.
I actually went with an 18" long MBRP stainless tip so I could work around the terrible angle that the Diamond Eye kit exits at. I think most go with MBRP tips because of the quality and the name behind it. If I had gone with the Flo-Pro exhaust, I would have gone with a 12" tip.

The kit that is on my truck is an aluminized kit. No problems so far, but I haven't had this particular system on the truck very long. 3-4 months.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, thanks a lot. I really want the 5" and I like the flo pro exit as well. I just hate to pull the factory catback off and then replace it with someting that will rust. I think I will try the aluminized as well with the 12" tip.

Also Jeff, if I still have the old spartan tunes you must keep all of the sensors installed in the exhaust, correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
12'' tip works well with the flow pro. Right now I'm running a siverline because my mbrp tip isn't looking so hot. A good cleaning and polishing to get all the stuck on road grime off and it'll look just like new.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
Jeff,
how you like your diamond eye. I had one for my 7.3 and the fit was horrible. after the DP, Nothing lined up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts