Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have tried to look for another thread about this but havent come up with anything. anyways would this be ok for the time being without a tuner? i planned on doing a 4" DP if possible and seeing how that works out. any input would be great thanks guys

·
Still learning
577 Posts
shouldnt be a problem at all, but unless you plan on making REALLY BIG hp in the future a 4" DP would be overkill IMO. BTW a 5" straight pipe sounds awesome

·
Joe
278 Posts
i ran 5" straight when i just bought my truck. It is not going to hurt anything by no means, it will be a little better to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
5" wont hurt anything, I would suggest sticking with the 3.5" DP, the 4" cause too many problems. If you need any prices, I can get you some.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
And it is going to be LOUD! LOL But I like it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pm sent

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Hmm, I never heard of that. I have had one for 5 years with no problems. Interesting.
they can and will work, if they are adjusted perfectly, but most cant get them right and most don't have a 4" downpipe, they have a 3.5", there are only a couple of brands that have 4" DP's

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I have a magnaflow 5" kit that uses a 4" downpipe. I had heard of issues with the downpipe rubbing the flex section in the up pipe so I kept an eye on it but never had an issue. The magnaflow downpipe has a small flat spot right where it passes the flex section, it only misses by maybe 1/8" but it misses it.

I ran mine for a little while (maybe 10k miles) before I got my tuner, and have also for a stint (again 10k miles) when I pulled the tuner out and ran stock for sometime. This was also with the factory cat and without it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread but i have a question. Im running a single stack on my 06 F250 6.0l and i wanted a 4" dp to 5" all the way to the stack with muffler delete and cat delete. My exhaust shop guy is telling me to go no bigger than 4" that there wont be a sound difference or performance difference that it will be too big. Does the 5" sound different than the 4" because i really want 5" if it does. Oh and this is all being ran to an 8" stack. Thanks guys

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread but i have a question. Im running a single stack on my 06 F250 6.0l and i wanted a 4" dp to 5" all the way to the stack with muffler delete and cat delete. My exhaust shop guy is telling me to go no bigger than 4" that there wont be a sound difference or performance difference that it will be too big. Does the 5" sound different than the 4" because i really want 5" if it does. Oh and this is all being ran to an 8" stack. Thanks guys
5" has a deeper tone to it. I've had both 4" and 5" and can tell you for a fact.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts