Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is a flo-pro 5" downpipe to install on the 6.4. There isn't that much room in there

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm pretty sure the downpipe is only 4". Every flo-pro downpipe I've seen has rubbed the firewall. But it is a 2 piece design and not too hard to put in. I would suggest looking at the powerstroker67 4" downpipe, it's a better fitting design IMHO.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I would get Seans pipe.....I just had mine switched out......the Flo-Pro rubs like crazy and vibrates..........POS in my opinion

call Aaron at Rudys and hell get you one quick

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I would get Seans pipe.....I just had mine switched out......the Flo-Pro rubs like crazy and vibrates..........POS in my opinion

call Aaron at Rudys and hell get you one quick

Did you dumb fit it first? what I mean is did you put it together and get it all in line then tighten up? make sure that ALL is loose then tighten. Might sound dumb but that is why you call it a dumb fit.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I go pick the truck up on thursday and am just curious. Should I just stay with the stock downpipe and just do a downpipe back then

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
If my truck was off warranty then i would take the stock down pipe off, I would love to get rid of my stock down but it is a pain to get out and the warranty thing is the biggest for me. So if you dont have warranty then ya get rid of it!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Did you dumb fit it first? what I mean is did you put it together and get it all in line then tighten up? make sure that ALL is loose then tighten. Might sound dumb but that is why you call it a dumb fit.
yeah they did that......but several people have had the same problem........the pipe rubs the cab no matter how you put it on and how much its adjusted

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I saw one rub on one of rudys videos. So I guess I will just wait and see cause this truck does have the warranty but I'm impatient and we will see how long I'll let it stay lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine didnt rub before I put new turbos on. I havnt got to drive it much since then cuz the tranny let go. So when everything is back together Ill find out.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Mine didnt rub before I put new turbos on. I havnt got to drive it much since then cuz the tranny let go. So when everything is back together Ill find out.
Hey man, i am just wondering if you have or can send me some pics of your exhaust tip?? I am wondering what the 7" looks like i have the 5" exhaust coming and am not sure what to go with 6 or 7" tip?? Thanks man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts