Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys her it is. I can get my hands on a ford 4x4 diesel van 7/97 so it really is a 98. What good can I get out fo that van. Is the motor forged didnt have time to pull plug to check it was getting dark.Is that the same engine I have in my truck? Can it be swap out with and 01 engine? How about the rest of the stuff turbo, hpop etc. Iam also looking to build a forged block . Van runs all it needs are batteries and I can drive it home. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I don't know for sure, but the motor is the same and should be set up as probly a 97 with AA's, I've heard the van turbos are bigger but don't know for sure, the spider might be of value to some, seems like the stock tuning of the pcm is different than an F series. You should def be able to swap this motor into an F series. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If it has elec fuel system, it probably e99 with ab's. Fuel pump should on the frame rail under the driver seat. If its a mechanical pump in the valley, it should have aa's. Either way it's got forged rods.

Is it a quigley? Got any pics?

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
I think the oil cooler set up is different.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it has elec fuel system, it probably e99 with ab's. Fuel pump should on the frame rail under the driver seat. If its a mechanical pump in the valley, it should have aa's. Either way it's got forged rods.

Is it a quigley? Got any pics?
What is the difference between AB's and AA's? If the block swap will work then I would like to go big ,maybe hybrids. If it has mech fuel pump will it still work in the swap?

Thanks

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
i have a 97 block in my 03....

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
no. youll have to buy an electric fuel system, and ditch that mechanical pump, you do have forged rods, you dont have to swap the block, im running an obs in mine, swap your hpop and plenums and such, and youll be good, in fact golden, youve got the bottom end most people look for when they buy a truck, as for a van being non intercooled, i think that kinda limits you, but trying to retrofit one on there would be ideal

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
plenums, hpop, and you need a freeze plug to close the hole where the mechanical fuel pump went, your wiring harness, valve cover gaskets and injectors and such,

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no. youll have to buy an electric fuel system, and ditch that mechanical pump, you do have forged rods, you dont have to swap the block, im running an obs in mine, swap your hpop and plenums and such, and youll be good, in fact golden, youve got the bottom end most people look for when they buy a truck, as for a van being non intercooled, i think that kinda limits you, but trying to retrofit one on there would be ideal
Hey stroke my plan was to pull the van motor and stick it in my 01. Some guys said to plug fuel pump hole on top and it will work . So if I swap blocks, if it works I can still use the eletric fuel pump on the truck thats on there now? You said non intercooled if I swap blocks will it be okay?

Thanks

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
yea like kenny said, he's running on in his 03, im runnin one in my late 99, plug the fuel pump hole and run your lines and stuff up top and youre golden, throw a set of 400/600's on it and 3 stages of nitrous

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea like kenny said, he's running on in his 03, im runnin one in my late 99, plug the fuel pump hole and run your lines and stuff up top and youre golden, throw a set of 400/600's on it and 3 stages of nitrous
How hp can I get out of a stock forged motor? My plan was to take it out and put it in my 01. It has 75000 miles runs good burning clean. I wasn't planning on rebuilding it . What should I do when I have it out. Should I put head studs etc.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
swap hpop, turbo, and all turbo piping, pull of mechanical fuel pump, plug whole and hooks yours back upo as you were re installing it on your truck. take off oil cooler, clean yours up real well (the inside) and new gasket and re install on 97 block, other then that youll be good to go.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Does your truck run now or you want to swap it cause your truck does not have forged rods?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swap hpop, turbo, and all turbo piping, pull of mechanical fuel pump, plug whole and hooks yours back upo as you were re installing it on your truck. take off oil cooler, clean yours up real well (the inside) and new gasket and re install on 97 block, other then that youll be good to go.
Okay Stroken sound gooooood to me. Iam:D right the now beacuse of the good info you guys are giving me. So when swap the oil cooler from my 01 to 97 the oil cooling system should be back the sameas it was. Should I do head studs while the 97 engine is out?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts