Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have my 96 f350 dually i wanna 4x4 swap. However i wanna do an electric transfer case. Other than the obvious issues of an electrical tcase v manual, what other issues would i run into? And would a tcase motor from a f150 worknor do i have to come up with some aftermarket option? I'm not one for cutting holes in a good floor pan and not to mention i got the dash bezel from a f150 with the buttons and i think they are kinda cool. This is a 96 7.3 stock mostly besides an exhaust and tune, and a stock ZF5.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

·
7,985 Posts
welcome to PSN. i really doubt the F150 electrics will work.
the trans definitely will not work. you need a diesel trans and transfer case.
you will also need to adapt the front frame for leaf springs and a dually Dana 60 front axle, or find a 2005 and newer coil sprung axles and change both front and rear axles.
this is not a simple job, it requires fabrication and electrical work, plus different computers and electronics to make the ESOF transfer case to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i knew that, ive done swaps before, but ive not tried doing an electronic 4x4 in a vehicle that never had it. Im more curious if theres an aftermarket way to do it. Maybe a shift actuator and wire it up to use the buttons from the f150 controls.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,417 Posts
I am interested in this as well, as while I'm converting to 4x4, i dont want to cut a hole in my floor either.

·
7,985 Posts
to be honest, i have only ever owned one vehicle with ESOF. and the only reason i own this one was because the price was rite.
after spending $400 trying to get it to work properly, i am ready to cut the hole in the floor of my 2014 and swap t-cases from ESOF to manual. when i want 4X4, i want it to work, not hope it works like it does now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts