Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Loves OBS Trucks
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do these activate? I was playing around at an offroad park this morning. When i took it out of 4x4 the light never went off. I drove it about 100 miles and the light finally went out, and then i got closer to home and it went back on... I know the transfer case is in 2x4...

The LOW RANGE indicator does not work either. It goes into both ranges and runs fine in the 4x4, but the lights are kinda intermittent. Always have had problems with them, but they always went away, now its opposite. It used to have trouble lighting the light up, now it wont turn off. Do i just need a new indicator switch in the T case?

EDIT on a side note....

I think i got 20.5 MPG. I drove 140 miles at 65, and then coming home I went 70 MPH, then around 100 miles in and around town and jacking around at the offroad park. Still have not filled up, but where the gauge lays now, I figure I used maybe 18.5 gallon, just about needing to fill up.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Do you have manual or auto hubs? I take it your truck has the push button type 4wd. It could be a lazy shift motor on the t-case but more than likely you have auto hubs and didn't back up about 20 feet to disengage the hubs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not meaning to hijack but i have recently had the same problem. The four wheel drive light will not go off. I was in four wheel drive for maybe 5 min one day and now it wont go off. I have manual hubs and I know the transfer case goes in and out of 4 wheel drive. I was thinking maybe some ice just accumulated somewhere so the sensor cant tell if its in or out

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If the light isn't going out then the switch that is located on the t-case is bad. Unplug, unsrew, and replace. You could try cleaning it up before buying a new one. You still have to take it out but if you clean it and lube it up and have someone sit in the truck while you work the plunger in and out to see if it is working then it would be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
should be able to get a new switch at a parts store. If you don't tend to use your 4x much then the switch gets sticky and doesn't operate properly. also when you take your truck out of 4wheel wether you have manual or automatic hubs its a good idea to back up about 10 feet to insure everthing releases. I know mine doesn't like to unless I do that and I usually can't tell untill I hit interstate speeds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts