Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my truck today and got myself in a lil bit of a pickle lol. Stopped , turned the electronic switch to 4x4 high. Didn't go so I went to neutral and back to drive. Finally clicked after hitting the gas for around 2 seconds. Then when I got out I switched back to 2wd and it took the same process to get back into 2wd.

4x4 is seldomly used so do you think thats the problem? Or what could it be ?

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
4x4 doesn't engage unless vehicle rolls forward or backward slightly(unless you lock hubs manually), is this what you experienced?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4 doesn't engage unless vehicle rolls forward or backward slightly(unless you lock hubs manually), is this what you experienced?
Yea, but trying to get it out of 4wd took forever. It didn't go out for a while, and while I had the switch at 2wd and it was still in 4 , I was hearing a loud hum from the front end.

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
They are vacuum actuated, so follow the vacuum lines from the hubs to the pump, and look for cracks or a line disconnected or loose. Sometimes if i use the sotf it can be stubborn, especially if i haven't been using it much, and you haven't.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts