Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 99 ford f-250 superduty, my 4x4 light was working fine this morning i came home for lunch and when i left again my 4x4 light didnt come on but my 4x4 is working. Do you guys think its just a bulb or other problems? My low range light comes on when put in low but 4x4 never comes on thanks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i would think a bulb, unfortunately not the easiest thing to replace.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply, thats what i was thinking cause it never comes on when the dash lights up all the others on start up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Are you talking about the in dash light, the one in the cluster? Those are cake to replace, be done in 10 min from the start.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
10 minutes? Is that because you have done it enough times to be that fast or do you know some trick that I dont?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've never replaced the 4x4 light before. But I have replaced warning lights and illumination bulbs in the cluster before. Due to the first time I did it, ford gave me the wrong bulbs, and I think I removed and reinstalled my cluster 3-4 times on that first day and got familiar with it. All that's required is:

Remove the radio
Remove the 2'screws above where the radio was
Pop the dash off
Remove the 2 screws holding the cluster in place
(Not required, but I always removed the gear selector from the cluster to give more room to move the cluster)
Replace bulbs
Reinstall

This is all with the assumption that you're talking about the 4x4 bulbs in the cluster, and replacing them is no different than replacing illumination and warning lights

·
Registered
708 Posts
One thing I meant to add too for your question on which bulbs they are, is that all warning lights in the dash can only be gotten from ford. The bulbs and sockets come attached.

If you ever go to replace the illumination bulbs, those bulbs come out of the sockets and can be purchased at any autopart store. I can't remember the number off the top of my head, but they're a very common bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts