Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Word
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem that I need some help with, my 4x4 won't work....now to clarify my problem....I'm talking about the transfer case operation only, not the vacuum hub system as I have manual locking front hubs...when switching to 4x4 it doesn't shift, high or low...then sometimes it will shift into 4x4 high all by itself with the switch still in 2wd, I have to unbolt the motor from the transfer case, manually move the motor back and forth and then bolt it back up and it'll shift back into 2wd, but I have to leave the motor unplugged or it will shift back into 4x4 high by itself... the switch is good...I've swapped relays around and still no luck, can a bad 4x4 motor cause this concern...I know they go bad all the time, I've just never heard of a motor causing a concern where the truck shifts into 4x4 all by itself without moving the switch...also some more info...when I turn the key forward both the 4x4 high and low lights prove out as normal and when the truck actually shifts into 4x4 high by itself the light on the dash lights up as normal...any thoughts

1 - 1 of 1 Posts