Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i got to the track last week, i was experimenting with different ways to take off. 2ws is obviously out.. then i tried 4wd unlocked.. not much better. so for chits and grins, i locked the hubs.. and wow! never squeeked a tire. so my question is.. is it bad for my front end to be locked while approaching 100 mph? its sure does make for a fun take-off, just wonder about the reprecussions later!

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, answered my own question by dearching the forums.. shoulda done that in the first place!:shrug:

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
when i got to the track last week, i was experimenting with different ways to take off. 2ws is obviously out.. then i tried 4wd unlocked.. not much better. so for chits and grins, i locked the hubs.. and wow! never squeeked a tire. so my question is.. is it bad for my front end to be locked while approaching 100 mph? its sure does make for a fun take-off, just wonder about the reprecussions later!
Wont hurt a thing as far as your 4x4 goes. It prolly does aid in transmission and drive line failures though. :D

But it sure is fun!

I see your from Houston. Post up some pics of your truck so I can say hi if I see you at one of the TDS events.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, manual lockers here too. i felt kinda silly pullin up to the line and getting out to lock the hubs when it was almost my turn! but once i took off faster than the lightning next to me.. well i didnt feel so silly :D! i was kinda conservative on my starts.. less than 15 psi. first time on the track with this thing so i didnt wanna break it. i have a modded tranny, was kinda worried about the t-case and front driveshaft though. my main concern was being locked up at 96mph:eek:.

i thought i had some pics up.. need to get on that. when i get home in a few days, i will post some. starting to see a few more local-ish guys on here.. i like it! i'll try to be on here more now that i am not so nervous putting that big @ss on the track :D

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
So I know this is a dum question, but how do you manually lock the hubs? Mine are not moving at all lol.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
righty tighty is what i have always done LOL

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Clockwise = in, counterclockwise = out.

They get stuck if they aren't turned once in a while. You can take 'em out and soak 'em in a bucket of transfluid overnight, or use a set of channel locks to turn 'em I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts