Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much time can i shave off my 60 foot time?Im considering a 4wd conversion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my truck is 5500 lbs. with me in it.i only wish i had 4wd about twice a year here in n.y.c. because of weather, but if it will help me at the track i am willing to do the conversion.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
i think 90% of the benefit of 4wd is in the 60 foot. when i tried in 2wd, all i did was spin off the line. i let off, spun again, let off, spun again.. etc. launching in 4wd was zero spin aroun 15-20 psi. i wanted to launch harder, but the stock turbo wasnt happy already!

·
Registered
86 Posts
what do you do with your truck? do you haul ? i am willing to bet suspension work with slicks will net similar results with far less dollars than a conversion.not to mention the conversion will add weight and rotating mass which will urt top speed...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a tow truck so i cant do much with the springs.can i get 32x10.5 16 inch slicks or drag radials?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mickey Thompson makes a 33/10.5/16 slick. that is alot cheaper and less work than a 4wd conversion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome,im gonna have to try that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm in a similar situation (and running similar ETs), but you should be less nose-heavy than my truck just by wheelbase alone. I tried Caltracs, which eliminated wheel hop and helped it hook better, but I still need more traction than I can get with my big E-rated dually tires. After I install my new torque converter, I'll probably try a pass on slicks.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Dodges suck
247 Posts
It will only slow you down, keep what you have and work on a couple traction mods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts