Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 4R100 that will not go into park, and it is not the linkage. I took off the pan and the park rod and linkage that is visable looks OK. The problem must be in the park paw area, anyone ever seen this before?, looks like the trans will may to come out???? It is a 4x4, IDK if I can get to it with the transfer case removed???

·
Registered
782 Posts
check the linkage again............

·
your mom
211 Posts
So what your saying is that with the cable disconected it will shift into all gears except park . If so also is the drive shaft off or wheels off the ground. so you can turn the rear shaft while trying to put it in park. if it is in the tail house you can fix it with out pulling the transmission out. drop the t-case and cross member and then remove the 13mm bolts holding the cast tail housing on . it you can make it that far i believe you canfigure out why its not going in its very simple .try smaking the park rod with a hammer to put it in park.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing I did was disconect the linkage, then I pulled the pan, the problem has to be in the back of the trans

·
Registered
845 Posts
This may sound silly but, did you check the linkage in the steering column? There are some plastic (bushings) in there that wear out and break up. Mine did and made it hard to get to park.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconected the linkage from the trans, you can not move the shift lever on the trans to park with the linkage disconected.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I disconected the linkage from the trans, you can not move the shift lever on the trans to park with the linkage disconected.
Oh, sorry I misunderstood....:pointlaugh:

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem was the manual position lever switch

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was it an easy fix? Mine is doing the same thing
Yes, take the switch off the side of the trans and see if that is your problem, or remove the two bolts and see if it will go into park, because you may have to break the original switch to ge it off the shift shaft

1 - 10 of 10 Posts