Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
think he might have meant a TC lock up switch.

best thing to do is to either do a shift kit/valve body and a new upgraded TC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Start with a trans temp gauge. Then either a John Woods valve body or a BTS VB. Your stock trans automaticly locks in the TC at about 38mph and unlocks when you decellerate to that speed. If it dont lock up its already passed the point of no return

Its inevitably going to fail, start a budget for a good aftermarket trans with a great warranty in the future. Just stay away ATS all they are are flashy adds in the magazines.

I went through many many transmissions(5 or 6 in 3 years and to be honest I lost count) in my pickup til I got the BTS.:bowfast:

I only tow with my truck 26K+ and ive had my experiences with the oh so great 4R100, good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just realized this was in the 6.0 section,:doh: if you have a 4R100 your truck has to be a 99-03 or an early 04

I have no thoughts on the torqshift trans...only the 4R100, Ill go back to my dinosaur section:ford:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry posted in the wrong section yea i have a 4r100 but all i want to run is a 80 hp ts or dp and i want my tranny to hold up, so i can go with a torque converter and a valve body with a shift kit? i should be at what 275 or 300 rwhp will those mods wold that reliably?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
single is a stock oem type. dual would be like a 6.0 TC. a triple disk is what ya want. but a 6.0 TC will be fine too but thats if your on a budget.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I just realized this was in the 6.0 section,:doh: if you have a 4R100 your truck has to be a 99-03 or an early 04

I have no thoughts on the torqshift trans...only the 4R100, Ill go back to my dinosaur section:ford:
All 04's had the 6.0/5R110

·
Registered
316 Posts
John Wood uses the 6.0 TC you can call him and tell him what you want.
BTW i ran my truck in my 140 tune hard 90%of the time with only a BTS valve body and its still going strong till today but that will change since i did my injectors.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Don't agree with spending money on a worn out trans. Save your money. When the trans goes, it takes the TC with it. Only way to fix it is to cut it apart, clean it, weld it back and balance it. Cost me about $400 from Precision Industries when I did my 700R4. Get a BTS Valve Body and when the trans breaks, you get credit towards the new trans.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Gauges
BTS /JW Valve Body
6.0 Trans Cooler
Screw on Trans filter Kit
TQ Converter

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Curious with what VB you went with. If you have tunes already you can install that J. Wood VB without needing a reburn, a BTS VB WILL need a reburn.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts