Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drained my trans pan twice of three year old Amsoil as it was hit. Filled it twice (5qts x 2) with CAM2 ATF to get me by till I flush and re-fill with Amsoil next week. But as i went through the gears to re-fill the clutch packs and check the level I notice that it would always torque the truck WAY more in drive than in first or second. Any thoughts on this since the trans should be getting 30% or more line pressure when manually shifted. Has the Diablo Sport-Predator set on the 85HP tune FYI.:confused:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow no-one has any idea on this??

·
Registered
853 Posts
with my experiences, which with trannnys is little..once it's put in drive, you won't feel it "shift" (for lack of a better term) from drive to low 1 or 2..at least on my truck it doesn't.i wouldn't think it would on a chipped one either.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have been more specific. I was draining and re-filling my trans pan so i was holding the brake and fueling it to fill the clutch packs for a proper fluid level reading. I would put it in each gear and gas it. 1 and 2 were soft where as Drive really torqued the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts