Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i've got a issue here my truck will shift through all the gears but it heats up and it's obvious the tc is slipping so my question is is it worth it it put in a new one? and see how much more i can get out of it or just say screw it it's not worth the time go get a bts (gonna be a couple of months for the funds) lol got 210kms on her so would this be a band aid? it does have the tc slipping code..... i think it had a 3rd gear ratio (or something like that to or something like that if that helps you opinions

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i'll get my mechanic to give me a opinion on it just for the hell of it

·
They call me Nobody
258 Posts
How hot has it been? I would be scared if it overheated. Heat kills the clutches in the trans and you don't want to waste the money on it if you will just need the trans anyway. I don't think any trans builder wants to warranty a new trans with your recently replaced TC if you do replace the TC now.

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point i never thought of that yeah minus well just cut losses than, cause it's been up to 220 degree's with me dash gauge was in the red so yeah it's toasty than i figure at 210kms it's not to far off from whooped anyways not gonna waste my time on her, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts