Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my stock tranny after it gave out with 208k. My ex mechanic installed a Fort Dodge stage 2 transmission. I was 400 miles away hunting and it forced me to trailer it back home. I was driving 6 hours thru wet snow on pavement and another 12 hours thru snow on gravel. I noticed my overdrive light flashing after 7 hours. Thinking it was just the speed sensor getting wet, but overdrive button still worked. Then the truck started to buck and try stalling the engine in reverse. After 12 hours it would slip out into 4th. When in drive, it would shift fine 1-2-3 but then not engage 4th. Only way was to take it out of drive. Ended up driving 100 miles in 2nd gear going 30 mph...

I will be calling Fort Dodge tomorrow to get build info. 2 year warranty, but was purchased in Oct 2015. Fort Dodge offered to repair if repairable, but I am not sure I want the same people repairing the same transmission that lasted 22,300 miles.

I have stage 2 injectors, turbo, dp tuner f6, in the 400 hp range. Dieselsite trans filter. aftermarket gauge never read over 200 degrees until it acted up. Then it wanted to creep to 220 in drive. around 190 when driving in 2nd gear(2000 rpms)

I drove it to the car wash tonight and it did not actup whatsoever.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,084 Posts
I noticed my overdrive light flashing after 7 hours.
That means codes were stored in the computer's memory. You'll need these codes to start the diagnosis. Without the codes, all I can tell you is that something is wrong.

·
Project Shamu
2,785 Posts
That means codes were stored in the computer's memory. You'll need these codes to start the diagnosis. Without the codes, all I can tell you is that something is wrong.
I agree, you'll need a good scanner too. The regular Vato Zone scanners wont cut it, I had to find a shop with a nice snap on scanner to scan mine.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Forescan or even a cts2 will tell you. Forescan will tell you way more info. Get it scanned real good and come back. Mark will set you straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts