Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I own an 02 F250 crew cab 4x4 with only 173k miles. It has the 7.3 and 4R100 combo. I just got the truck from my grandfather a few months ago and as luck would have it, the dang thing won't shift out of 2nd gear. I got quotes for 2900 and 2700 for a rebuild in my area but I also found this remanufactured 4R100 online with free shipping and it's only like 2k, https://reman-transmission.com/transmissions/ford/f-250_super_duty/2002. However, I've never heard of these guys and I can't be completely sure about how the quality of their work is.. With that being said does anyone here have any experience at all with these guys? I am also completely open to other suggestions just keep in mind I have a max budget of 3,200 on this repair.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
299 Posts
Id go with the local shop that has the better warranty.

You’re gonna pay $300-500 for shipping on the online trans. That puts you back into the same price as the local guys.

·
Registered
1996 F250 XLT
60 Posts
I've never had a good experience with on-line remanufactured engines, transmissions are probably similar. I think it's better to rebuild what you have and know the history of it rather than trading for some ragged-out piece of equipment with a new set of seals.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
299 Posts
I don't know where you're located but Brian's Truck Shop in Arkansas is the place to buy a 4R100, it will be bullet proof. He stands behind them 100% too.
Not within homies budget. Can confirm, mine was built today. And was paid for today. Will be picked up tomorrow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi about 18 months ago i lost my tranny hauling hay out of field at idle and 2 miles later it was gone .. Charged me 2500 , tuned up triple disk torque converter and fixed tranny, how good ? Wished I knew , at this time all is well , South Canby Transmission in Auroa ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id go with the local shop that has the better warranty.

You’re gonna pay $300-500 for shipping on the online trans. That puts you back into the same price as the local guys.
I forgot to mention shipping is free to a shop and 75$ to your house

1 - 9 of 9 Posts