Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built the trans Friday with alto clutches and extras in all the packs.got the good planetary and a harden input shaft.also installed a factory tech vb and a billet triple disk converter.When you start it up and put it in drive,the first time it has to shift from 1st to 2nd it has to go up to around 3000rpm.then the off light starts to blink and it will shift.The off light flashes from then on out and the trans shifts perfect until you cut the truck off and then it's the same process all over again.has anyone ever had this problem before?I was told the pressure was to low and when the light starts flashing it defaults to a mode that bumps line pressure and thats why it shifts properly then.I do have a DP-tuners 80econ but no trans mods were done in the tune.you think i need to go see Jody and have him bump the pressure up to fix this issue?thanks to all.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Everyone that has worked on them has had a screwup or two. I have but most don't want to talk about it. I lost all the balls on mine and thankfully found them all but had to get a fact manual to figure out where they went. Thanks to 389sixpack. He helped me out within minutes of my frantic post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts