Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can you please help me to figure out what happened.
I parked the truck, there was no slip in tranny or other problem (it was rebuild 430000km). Started truck after a week and I found that all the gears are lost.
When I put in Drive nothing happened and when I trying to put in park, it make grinding noise.
The cable doesn't have any problem.
Oil is fine and I tried warming up too and there is no code.
I think it can be feed bolt. But I want your opinions before doing anything.

· Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
4,186 Posts
Hello, can you please help me to figure out what happened.
I parked the truck, there was no slip in tranny or other problem (it was rebuild 430000km). Started truck after a week and I found that all the gears are lost.
When I put in Drive nothing happened and when I trying to put in park, it make grinding noise.
The cable doesn't have any problem.
Oil is fine and I tried warming up too and there is no code.
I think it can be feed bolt. But I want your opinions before doing anything.
Welcome to PSN!

First, please tell us about your truck. What year? Model? How many total km are on it? Is it 2WD or 4WD? Dually?

If it is a 4WD, did the transfer case somehow get into Neutral?

Do you have a scanner? A scanner will throw codes. If not --

1. Get FORScan scanning software for Fords (free) and an OBDII reader. Greatest troubleshooting tool ever! I do not have financial interest in this tool. I just love it.

2. DO NOT throw parts at it . . . if you must, then make them Motorcraft parts. Ford diesels are quite particular about their sensors.

I am going to ask the mods to move this to the "Transmission Related" forum.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to PSN!

First, please tell us about your truck. What year? Model? How many total km are on it? Is it 2WD or 4WD? Dually?

If it is a 4WD, did the transfer case somehow get into Neutral?

Do you have a scanner? A scanner will throw codes. If not --

1. Get FORScan scanning software for Fords (free) and an OBDII reader. Greatest troubleshooting tool ever! I do not have financial interest in this tool. I just love it.

2. DO NOT throw parts at it . . . if you must, then make them Motorcraft parts. Ford diesels are quite particular about their sensors.

I am going to ask the mods to move this to the "Transmission Related" forum.

It's 4*4 2002 ford excursion with 430000km
NO the transfer case doesn't go to neutral, the shifter is moving but nothing engaging

There is no code on cluster
Thanks

· Super Moderator
6,029 Posts
It's 4*4 2002 ford excursion with 430000km
NO the transfer case doesn't go to neutral, the shifter is moving but nothing engaging

There is no code on cluster
Thanks
If it won’t move in any range and you’re sure the Tcase isn’t in neutral or broken, pull the transmission out it needs to be rebuilt. Nothing electrical will inhibit forward and reverse.

Just be aware that if you hear a grinding noise when putting it in park it’s very likely the transmission is actually doing something and the problem is the transfer case. The grinding noise you hear is the parking pawl trying to stop the spinning output shaft

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
being as you say it makes a grinding noise when going back to park makes me think transfer case problems have you tried to put it in 4 low ?
It's not going in
If it won’t move in any range and you’re sure the Tcase isn’t in neutral or broken, pull the transmission out it needs to be rebuilt. Nothing electrical will inhibit forward and reverse.

Just be aware that if you hear a grinding noise when putting it in park it’s very likely the transmission is actually doing something and the problem is the transfer case. The grinding noise you hear is the parking pawl trying to stop the spinning output shaft
Thanks for your help let me see transfer case, I think it's the issue because 4wd or high or low is also not engaging

1 - 7 of 7 Posts