Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my original tranny got 400k kilometers. i rebuilt it and the shifting doesn't seem as firm as my original with the sonnax/tricumulator mod. should i look at doing the mod in this tranny or would a vb from bts be a better solution? Thankx to all that reply. i think i am running close to 400 hp and do a little towing, the tranny re-builder said the model year 2000 had great innards but lacked a little with the third gear clutch pack. he replaced this with some sort of borg/warner setup and installed a triple disc billet converter and then rebuilt the rest. tranny is six months old and seems to work fine just shifts are a little soft. Thankx again for reading my long winded typing.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have the bts valvebodyand i love it.he has the best warranty around.give them a call at 870-422-ford(3673). they will hook you up. good luck

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Either one is good. I have a John Wood Valve body mostly because he is closer and easier for me to get to. Both the JW and the BTS are a great investment and will help your trans live longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts