Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to wrap my head around my transmission issue. I was on my way to help my friend and needed to be there quick, I took off from a stop sign and got on the pedal 1/2-3/4 throttle the truck loaded up and bang... free rev. I pull over tried all gears forward and reverse, high and low 4x4 nothing. I dropped my trans to give to a friend who does lots of trans building and he cant get to it till next week, the curiosity in me decided to go looking for what was wrong. I pulled the drain plug on my ats pan and found a decent amount of metal but no large chunks, seemed like normal wear. I pulled the shaft from the tc to the trans (input shaft?) and its fine, so i pulled the pan and looked around but I don't see anything wrong. based on some research online most people say input shaft, direct drum or tc have these symptoms, the fluid came out unburnt and looking good minus a little sludge. Any suggestions before i bring it someplace.

Never had any issues or slipping with the trans before I'm running a decent amount of power through it though. DP 80hp daily, 160cc sticks, gtp38r +ww2, adrenaline, fass150, reg return + bowl delete, water meth, intake+exhaust and so on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts