Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im going to do a lift real soon and at a place they say if you do blocks you lose payload and you need to do a spring lift in the back. Some people say you need to do a block in the rear to and with a spring lift you lose payload. So i need some help.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
They are just trying to get you to spend extra money. Unless a block is cheaply made it should have no effect at all on payload, now if you were to do springs it would be another story.

I am pretty sure the stock f350 block is very close to 4" already, my "4 in" lift came with a 4.25" block for the rear and my truck is more like leveled, it sits tailgate to tailgate with my dads 00' f350 regular cab

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else?? BTW thanks for the info

·
Registered
249 Posts
i put lift spings on top of my stock f-350 block for my 8 inch and now its to high. i wouldnt double block it imo. you cant lose payload on stock springs...

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
You should be fine either way you go. Rear block lifts are cheaper but stacking blocks should not be done. With a spring lift, your less apt to get axle wrap on hard take offs.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Changing out blocks will not affect the spring rate at all. The longer the block, the greater the effect of axle wrap though.

Some lift springs increase the carrying capacity over stock, others decrease. I went with the best riding spring (5" Icon) and made use of Firestone air bags to deal with sag when loaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts