Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to pick something functional, mainly for a fun DD in summer and to just have to say finally you have it. What would you swap a mint 4BT into. A jeep is my first idea of course however its been done plenty. Fun for summer, fits 4 people just, and great summer ride with top off and all that. So other than thats what some fun ideas to put one in. I found a deal and damn perfect one at that for a 4BT motor and im buying it. Just want to have it in back of garage until i figure out what to put it into.

SO Let is happen i'll suggest first one:

89-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ, Spring over axle lift on 33's on 3.07 gears for good MPG on highway/road use yet function without all sway bars and trac bars.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Ranger or some other sort of mini truck like that. Just a small 4x4 to make a sweet hunting truck out of

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
exploerer or expedition as a dd and knock down some good mpgs. if its just a toy then just use a the gas engine and put some money in it. if your going to spend that kinda coin on a 4bt project make it worth its while so it can pay for its self also. but thats just me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jeep and good mpg don't go togather and 3.07's and 33's would be a slow pig.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1992-1996 Full Size Bronco. It fits good and if you found one w/a 300 6cyl and 5speed it nearly bolts into the stock location. I researched it quite a bit and like this option if its not going into a truck of the same vintage. Plus w/the Bronco you can easily straight axle it and have the removable top for summer.

·
Buy Low Sell High
54 Posts
Fj 40 land cruiser.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
Bronc or rcsb f150 would be sweet too. With the 300 engine mounts and m5 trans it would all but bolt in.
I have read that the m5 has the perfect ratios for the 4bt as well.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i think like a 1998 supercab f150 4x4 short bed 5 speed with a mild built 4bt would be sweet. bout mid 20s for mpg, good diesle tourqe and plenty of cool factor. mabey a small 2 or 3 inch lift with some 33s and youll be set. and the stock ford 5 speed will bolt right up to the stock ford 4bt adapter plate!

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
FJ45, always wanted one (with or without 4BT). We had a 76' FJ40, but a bed would be a bit more functional.

Cant go wrong with a classic FJ!

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
I've got an early bronco that might get one someday, either that or a supercharged 347 stroker.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know if I wanna go ratrod direction and just get a ol truck leave it rusty an drop it down no hood nothing for a 4bt.... or go more a functional direction. I can get a 12v cummins real easy locally and we already have a 1976 Highboy that could use a 12v.... or maybe a 1996 f250 thats great chassis and all but a clapped out 351 sitin in the driveway I could grab. Be a fun 12v swap as well as useful.

Rather stick to something I know a lot about and have worked on a while, mainly like these ford trucks we already have and Jeeps. But something about the jeep im not feeling anymore

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yeah i did an 89 k5 blazer swap with a ppumped 4bt and a nv4500 5 speed. it was cool, got 25 mpg average snd was on 33 inch tires and a 3 inch lift. it was cool but still i didnt like it because in that body style it was obnoctiously loud and the ride was horrible. i had mine dyna matted and full interior and it didnt help enough so i sold it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I would LOVE to put a BT4 in my 04 Ranger and start getting 30+ MPG, but I would have to ditch the 4:10s:(

·
Registered
207 Posts
I put my 4bt in a '98 2 door Tahoe, with a Nv4500, and sas'd it with 3/4 ton running gear.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would stick with a Wrongler or a Cherokee. Just because they are fun, with a lift tires they can damn near go anywhere and with a 4BT, they would be just that much better

1 - 20 of 31 Posts