Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 95 parts truck... i know the newer 460fi motors are junk compared to the old school ones... does anyone know if the front brackets and pulleys work on converting a old motor? the distributor? starter? long tube headers? i heard the head ports are different...

·
Registered
205 Posts
front brackets and pulleys "should work" and the distributer, starter and the headers im certain will work. if i remember correctly the different head ports where the cobra jet heads on the old 429's. rest should be the same or really close to same.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Everything will swap right over bud.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks for the info...

·
Just A Squirrel
644 Posts
They are not junk by any means, The heads suck but the block is very similar to the old blocks. new heads and some flat top pistons and your good to go.
The FI distributer will not work if the old motor is carb'd

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
The FI engines Intake and exhaust head ports are different. The exhaust is a square on the fi and carbed are more oval. I dont remember whats diff on the intake.

·
FCDP
122 Posts
The fi heads and carbed heads are different. At least I know they are for bolting up the intake. I dont believe they make a carb intake for fi heads. It all depend on years for the good and better heads. The 95 heads are better than the earlier years of fi.

·
Registered
385 Posts
the headers wont interchange unless you dont care to do some grinding on the flanges the ports are higher or set up taller from the bolt holes than the carb motors

·
Registered
629 Posts
Get a set of Pro Comp or Jon Kasse P51 and a aluminum intake and let it breath, more power and better fuel milage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts