Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a 400rwhp build on my PSD. my currents mods are in sig. I want it to be reliable, and not have to worry about having to crawl under it, or have to crouch under the hood very often. My thought were, stage one single shots, GT38r, VB, and a chip reburn. I am sure there will be more needed to get me to my goal of 400rwhp. What am I missing? Will a VB be sufficent for my trans, or will I need to be looking at a torque converter as well? I will be daily dr ing the truck, not romping on it very much, and I do not want smoke. I realize there will be smoke, but I would really like to avoid it daily driving. What else will need to be done to hit my mark of 400rwhp, being reliable? Truck has 166k on it and am looking to get at MANY more miles out of it, without having to spend large amounts of money repairing.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
ac's, 38r, srp1, regulated return, bts valve body, 6.0 cooler, good tunes should give you real close to 400 or more horse and be pretty reliable

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I've talked to a lot of people and what I have been told is my truck will be very similar set up and it should be in the 400-430 hp range

I wanted to get more but im like you and want it to be a safe dd you also figure 400rwhp is almost double of what the truck puts to the ground now so it will definilty be a different animal. I know for one in stoked lol

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
i'd bump the injectors to stage 2's and thats about all i'd change from the 2nd post.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Stage one single shots with larger nozzles are considered stage twos. That would get you to 400hp with a 38r and a srp1 oil pump to get some extra oil flow to keep your injection pressure up and smoke low

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wouldn't detuned 238/80s get him there with a stock hpop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts