Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 4" turbo back, and just wondring if I went to a 5" would there be a sound difference, might be completely irrelevant, but my buddy went from 4 to 5 on his DMAX and it COMPLETELY changed the sound, I know its a diff engine and all that but just curious!

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to hear one!!! would there be much difference from the 4inch TBE to a 5inch TBE??

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
not sure if you will be able to see this video and might not be the greatest sound comparison since its just a run down the track but here it is anyways...

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

I am very happy with my 5" but I don't know if I would spend the money on it if I already had an exhaust. Guess it matters how badly you want it. Seems the 5" has a much deeper tone to it

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
with the 5" you will just have a deeper tone, typically a 4" will suffice for any 6.0 owners needs from stock to modified.

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Thanks! Ill have to check you video out tonight, I'm definitely gettin my PSN on through blackberry! Boo ya!

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FTW??? Some kids in my high school would spray paint that on everything, they called it F**K THE WORLD tho!

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
FTW as I know it started with gamers (you know, those lovable bunch that brought us n00b and l33t and pwn) meaning For The Win

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
i would like to hear one!!! would there be much difference from the 4inch TBE to a 5inch TBE??
I was joking. You will never need a 5" pipe. There are far larger motors almost about 2 times the size of yours and 5" isn't needed. Considering the outlet on the turbo is less than 3"

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was joking. You will never need a 5" pipe. There are far larger motors almost about 2 times the size of yours and 5" isn't needed. Considering the outlet on the turbo is less than 3"
oh ha ha ya i knew there want such thing, im sure its been tried tho!

and to tamu, i am VERY familiar with the gammer acronyms!!! i just got a new online video game to pass the time through canadas awesome winters and i learned so much gamer slang, im a big fan of PWND!!! ha ha!!, but i digress from my point i think if i was to put 5'' on my truck it would more be like a....funnel, a 3" down pipe, to 4", then a 5"tail pipe, i dunno thats how buddy whait the max has his and the sound difference was incredible, but again....on a duramax

·
Registered
230 Posts
my buddys dad has a 03 with a 4" exhaust and i have an 04 with 5" exhaust. the tone is a lot deeper and i prefer the 5". but its all in opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
5" FTW

I thought it meant F$%! the world too LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts