Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im about to order a lift wheels and tires and am trying to figure out whether to go with a 6 inch or 4 inch lift with 35 TOYO MT's. I do tow a gooseneck trailer so i dont want to go to high and risk damaging my bed with the trailer. Some pics if you have them would be very helpful. thanks

Also, if yall have any suggestions on what brand of lift i should go with let me hear em.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
4" lift for 35's will fit fine. some people just run a leveling kit with 35's. I think the 4" is good, leaves good clearence but not funny looking like a 6" would w/ 35's. But thats just my opinion...

·
d-man
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats kind of what i was thinking, i had a 4 inch with 37's on my last truck before i sold it so ill probably go with a 4 inch again, just thought id get yalls opinion first. Any lift brand suggestions? i was thinking of going pro comp because its a good price for a fairly well rounded lift kit.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
pro comp seems descent. I would just get rear springs with whatever kit you get instead of a bigger block or stacking blocks...

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I like the 4in and 35's.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I would go w/ the procomp 4in.$750 brand new is what I paid for mine with better shocks then what the bds kit has. Got mine from topguncustomz.com

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i had 4" with 35's and then went to 8 with 37's and i can still tow a gooseneck with 8" lift and 37" tires but it worked really good when i had 4" and 35's and it looked good too

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
4" and 37's IMHO...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I would go w/ the procomp 4in.$750 brand new is what I paid for mine with better shocks then what the bds kit has. Got mine from topguncustomz.com

The BDS has superior bracketry, leaf springs and warranty (lifetime) to the Pro Comp.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
The BDS has superior bracketry, leaf springs and warranty (lifetime) to the Pro Comp.
I have to disagree with you on the bracketry being superior.It is the same with all the kits I have compaired to.BDS's factory is a 1/2 hour from me and Thats what they push hard around here.I have compared there lift brackets to mine as well as other kits(f150 ,chevy) and they apear the same quality wise. I have seen some really crappy brackets come from bds and some good ones.So I would not say they are superior,just the same.The lifetime warrenty is nice because I know several people that have had to have there stuff warrentied and they do it no problem.But how does that work if you are not around them?I mean I can just drive the 1/2 hour there and swap the springs or whatever but how does it work for others?Do they have to ship them out first or what.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
What we do for customers who buy through us is we send out the new part, and they send back the old part for warranty.

As far as brackets...we've never had any issue with BDS stuff.

Overall though....none of the brands bracketry compares to Icon. Icon vs. Pro Comp here:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I agree, Icon is superior to ProComp, but their bracket wouldn't look so bad if it was unused and freshly painted.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
wouldnt look bad. But you can see the icon bracket is stronger. I have never used either brand lift, so no bias on my part... But i do think we should see BOTH brackets freshly painted side by side. Would make it a little easier to compare :poke: :D

·
OBNOXIOUS MOTORSPORTS
465 Posts
procomp does have weak brackets thats if you pull heavy and wheel hard i broke a few but the springs wont settle or sag like other brands. I Could pull a gooseneck with a 10" and 40s. Procomps spring lifts sit higher than the other brands though, my 6.5" was alot taller than fabtechs 8 over many different trucks with same tires. The only problem with a 4" you may want to go higher but if your sure your not going higher than 35" tires than 4" is money. goodluck IMO

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
wouldnt look bad. But you can see the icon bracket is stronger. I have never used either brand lift, so no bias on my part... But i do think we should see BOTH brackets freshly painted side by side. Would make it a little easier to compare :poke: :D
Paint still doesn't change that there is more metal in the Icon bracket.

We pull Pro Comps off vs. installing them....that's the reason for the used bracket next to the new.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Paint still doesn't change that there is more metal in the Icon bracket.

We pull Pro Comps off vs. installing them....that's the reason for the used bracket next to the new.
I wasnt hating. I understand. Thats why i was saying, you can just see that it is better. I was just saying for comparison purposes. I understand the pic and agree with you, paint or not you can see the ICON bracket is stonger/beefier...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts