Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If you want a good sounding truck than go with a 4in dp with a 5in pipe no muffler no kitty nothing is going to soundbetter imho!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you want a good sounding truck than go with a 4in dp with a 5in pipe no muffler no kitty nothing is going to soundbetter imho!
:whs: 5 inch sounds great!

·
Registered
78 Posts
5". Wish I'd gotten 5" instead of 4". Now I'm married, poor, and you know the rest. No more mods for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is a 5" louder than a 4" inside the cab? If so how much louder.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
eleventybillion times louder.
Seriously....how can anyone answer that?
How long is a piece of rope?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eleventybillion man thats just awsomeLOL...... so on an exhaust related note 5" is where its at and i should just spend the money once and go big or go home put on a 4" and wish i had a 5"? mbrp a good system?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
You will see zero performance benefit with a 5 over a 4. You will probably see some clearance issues with a 5 that a 4 won't have and no matter what anyone tells you a 3.5" downpipe is perfectly fine. 4" downpipes are just an unnecessary pain in the ass.

·
East Coast
110 Posts
I love my 5 in straight pipe, but you can not mount your spare under the truck anymore. Its sounds really crazy when you put your foot in it. I do a lot of HWY driving and it does not bother me at all. I had a 4in with a muffler and I have not noticed much more road noise at HWY speeds. I got whole exhaust for $350 shipped from farm boys diesel.

Results for Ford 6.0L Powerstroke 03-07:Exhaust Systems

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
5in FTW

·
Registered
34 Posts
i got a 4inch MBRP turbo back with a 5inch tip and sounds amazing. has an amazing whistle to it and when you punch it sounds even better. thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
158 Posts
will you see a differences between the 4'' down pipe from the 3.5

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will see zero performance benefit with a 5 over a 4. You will probably see some clearance issues with a 5 that a 4 won't have and no matter what anyone tells you a 3.5" downpipe is perfectly fine. 4" downpipes are just an unnecessary pain in the ass.
so what kind of exhaust are you running unbroken? brand and setup?

I love my 5 in straight pipe, but you can not mount your spare under the truck anymore. Its sounds really crazy when you put your foot in it. I do a lot of HWY driving and it does not bother me at all. I had a 4in with a muffler and I have not noticed much more road noise at HWY speeds. I got whole exhaust for $350 shipped from farm boys diesel.

Results for Ford 6.0L Powerstroke 03-07:Exhaust Systems
thanks for the info and link how was the quality of the kit you got from farm boys? it fit ok? or did you have to "make" it fit?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
so what kind of exhaust are you running unbroken? brand and set up?
I run 5" pipe. All my stuff is from Grand Rock who sponsors exhaust stuff for me. I only run 5" because the outlet on my primary charger is 5".
I'm also in the neighborhood of 850-900 hp so there may be a very slight benefit to 5"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got a 4inch MBRP turbo back with a 5inch tip and sounds amazing. has an amazing whistle to it and when you punch it sounds even better. thats my 2 cents
did you install your mbrp kit yourself and if so how did it fit?

I run 5" pipe. All my stuff is from Grand Rock who sponsors exhaust stuff for me. I only run 5" because the outlet on my primary charger is 5".
I'm also in the neighborhood of 850-900 hp so there may be a very slight benefit to 5"
yeeep id say theres a bit of a horse pressure difference that you would want the 5" im not goin for numbers like just doin sct with delete and a mild tune is all i want nothin fancy. any recomendations on what system to go with there is alot of manufactures out there i just dont want to buy a kit that doesnt fit for crap?

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
I like the fit of my MBRP.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
did you install your mbrp kit yourself and if so how did it fit?

yeeep id say theres a bit of a horse pressure difference that you would want the 5" im not goin for numbers like just doin sct with delete and a mild tune is all i want nothin fancy. any recomendations on what system to go with there is alot of manufactures out there i just dont want to buy a kit that doesnt fit for crap?
I would talk to Paul at Complete Performance OR Nate at Performance Truck Products. Either of them will get you setup with a good quality kit.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts