Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am getting 20 mpg with my totally stock 1996 F-250 4x4 regular cab. If I add a 4" lift and 35" tires, how far will my mpg's drop? I am hoping not more than down to 15 mpg. If I were to add a tymar intake and a 3" down pipe leading out to dual 6" stacks, could the mpg increase?

·
1,097 Posts
Look to lose at least 4 MPG with big meats and a lift.

Get intake and exhaust improvements for other reasons. They will not help you MPG. That's gas engine thinking.

20 MPG is very good for your configuration.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I have 4.10 gears.
4.10s & 20mpg with stock tires? :bowfast:
What speed are you going?

If you have 4.10s I'd say by all means go for 35s & see what happens. I will one of these days as well. :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4.10s & 20mpg with stock tires? :bowfast:
What speed are you going?

If you have 4.10s I'd say by all means go for 35s & see what happens. I will one of these days as well. :D
I go 60 on the hwy and 70 on the interstate. The speed limits are 55 on hwy and 65 on interstate, so its not like I am going slow. I will top off the front tank today and do the milage agian since its been about a year or so since I have done it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I drove about 165 miles (nearly all highway) and hand-calculated just above 18.5mpg. This was with me babying it as much as possible and keeping the speed between 65-70mph.

With "normal" driving (75ish mph on the highway) with a mix of some city driving, I have been averaging about 16mpg on a tank of fuel with my setup.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
my sister has a 96 ex. cab long bed with 3in's and 35's with a manual and it gets about 15-17 on the interstate, and its stock other than exhaust, but were gonna change that pretty soon..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts