Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any experience dealing with the fuel system on a 4cyl Diesel Perkins?

I have a HELL of a time getting it started, i give it a shot of either then it chugs a lil bit, if i catch it right i can give it another squirt and it'll take off, only to run for about a minute then just dying. Like it runs out of fuel. I have cracked ALL the lines and turned it over, it flows ALOT and pulsates all the way up to the injectors. Still no fire UNLESS i give it a shot of either first. HELP!!!

Im VERY reluctant to use starter fluid, but i had to get this thing off of my trailer so i can replace the whole running gear. btw im looking for some good used 7K axles, 8 bolt.

Injectors gummed up? If they are how do i go about cleaning them up?

·
brandon
778 Posts
I had a 3 cyl perkins in a ford landscaping tractor. It turned out to be something injector pump related but i took it to a diesel mechanic cause i could not figure it out. Loaded mine on the trailer using a can of wd-40

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it goin, its runnin like a top now!

·
brandon
778 Posts
Good to hear.What was wrong with it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was converted to electric fuel pump instead of the mechanical. The small inline pump doesnt have enough output to get the injectors to open up. Its going to ONLY be a problem when i change fuel filters, or til some funny guy decides to crack the fuel linesLOL

·
brandon
778 Posts
simple enough

1 - 6 of 6 Posts