Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me an a couple buddies got a old chevy c-60 with a detroit 4-53t in it :pointlaugh: for free from the company that we work for. our plan is to use it in next years wheat truck races at lind. my question is what is the best way to get more power out of one of these engines?

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
does it have a super on it or not? if so you'd have some good luck with a smaller pully on the super as well as some bigger marine injectors for it, high flow electric fuel pump, a straight pipe (and ear plugs) as well as the biggest intake you can find to fit it. other than that i cant really suggest much more, thats about the end of my knowledge on them

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
throw a turbo on it and give it a ton of fuel,and crank up the governer for some more rpms

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea what number injector we need to look for (n60, n65?)
its already got a turbo on it
thanks

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Still has valves and springs right? If so, your gonna need some seriously better valve springs to turn up the rpm's. Being a two stroke (it is two stroke right?)
the valves will be running at the same rpm as the crankshaft. Think about it, a four stroke at 9,000 rpm the valves are only running at half that (4,500 rpm)
So a two stroke at 4500 has the same amount of valve openings and closings as a four stroke at 9,000. It takes a good set of springs and valve train to run at 9,000.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya its a two stroke. i dont realy know if we need more rpm....maybe just a little more fuel. its a really short track so anything that would help gain some speed comin out of the corners would help. i was told that 6v53 injectors would fit in them, an both being 53 series engines it seems logical. might have to give the detroit dealer a call lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

this years qualifying heats

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Heres a clip of one swapped over into a pickup. Wild shifter too.

But a good bit of the post on there mentioned it liking high rpms and needing fuel upgrades.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Heres a clip of one swapped over into a pickup. Wild shifter too.

But a good bit of the post on there mentioned it liking high rpms and needing fuel upgrades.
WTF wheres the clip :pointlaugh: :D I wanna hear and see that 4-53 !!! :mad:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once were done with the truck we were considering tryin to stuff it into a 68-72 f-250 4x4 ford....well see

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
once were done with the truck we were considering tryin to stuff it into a 68-72 f-250 4x4 ford....well see
Its been done and damn it sounded awesome iirc it was a pullen truck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if it was a reddish color i think ive seen it....an ya it sounded sweet

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Over at 4btswaps.com they have a forum for Detroits. There are a couple of guys on there that really know there stuff 'em. Ask some questions over there, you will probably get some good advice.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I love those old detroits. I have a couple of Deeres with 2-53s in them and they are a blast. I would hate to think how many thousands of acres that 435 has covered with me at the helm and the hay rakes in tow.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts