Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been pondering about putting 4.30s in my truck, to bring the gear ratio back to stock ish, and maybe recover some fuel economy..11.5 is rough. would 4.30s help with that? or getting custom tunes alone help, as there already on the "list".

Thanks, Tyler.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Honestly... Wish I would have stuck with the 3.73's... There ok around town, but out on the road... I hate spinning 2300 RPM's at 65 or so... LOUD

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice man. it helped alot.

you think good tunes will help a little on my milage? im not looking for the next prius but maybe one or two mpgs?

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
I've been toying with this decision too. I had 3.73's on my old truck with 35's and i loved the low cruising RPM's but I hated how the truck with constantly shift in and out of overdrive if I wasn't cruising fast enough. I'm considering upgrading the gearing on the my new truck for the 35's but I guess its pretty expensive if its not gonna make a big difference...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thanks for the advice man. it helped alot.

you think good tunes will help a little on my milage? im not looking for the next prius but maybe one or two mpgs?
I've been toying with this decision too. I had 3.73's on my old truck with 35's and i loved the low cruising RPM's but I hated how the truck with constantly shift in and out of overdrive if I wasn't cruising fast enough. I'm considering upgrading the gearing on the my new truck for the 35's but I guess its pretty expensive if its not gonna make a big difference...

Good tunes can fix both issues... Shifting can be ajusted, and fuel milage can be tuned...

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have 4.30's w/ 35's. I love them to plow snow and pull stuff, but to cruise around and drive on the expressway I would love to have my 3.73's back! Milage is horrible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts