Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently did an EGR delete on the 100% stock 05' F250 that I recently picked up with 200K miles on it.

I have no exhaust leaks, it runs good, everything went back together fine.......but I noticed that before I could get around 28psi of boost....now I only get around 25psi of boost. From all of the other threads I've read, it has something to do with the exhaust gases not getting recirculated back through the intake.

I just wanted to see if that's pretty normal....or if I should not have lost any boost. Just wondering. Thanks!

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
interesting question! look forward to hearing some insight one that myself! .. i just came to ask if you did a boost leak test.
skip to about 45 seconds & you'll see a cheap way to make a test kit:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I didn't experience any decrease in boost when I installed my delete, or any of the deletes I did for friends. I will say, though, that 28 PSI is way above what you should be getting stock, so unless you have a tune which increases your boost, you have a dirty turbo unison ring/vanes. This may also be the reason for your sudden change. They may have been stuck, giving you the 28 PSI, and just the process of removing the turbo (possibly a slight thump when you put it down) jarred some of the excessive carbon loose which allowed the vanes to move normally, resulting in 25 PSI. Typically, 22-25 PSI is what people are seeing stock.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I guess that is a good possibility. I'm 99% sure I was seeing 28psi boost with the stock tune, but that was also when the temps were in the 20's out.......recently when I was seeing 25psi, it was in the 50's. I knew that intake air temp will affect boost also...the colder the air is, the denser it is...and it makes more boost.

I guess if I'm getting 25psi boost, and I have no leaks, I should be ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts