Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Voodoo Gas Divin'
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some residue from a sticker on one of my rear passenger windows that I need to get off, but the windows have the 3M tint on them and don't want to damage the tint. Does anyone know what I can use to clean that residue off the window safely?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Don't use any glass cleaner.. try something simple like some warm soapy water and your thumbnail and make sure you keep the residue pretty wet as not to scratch the tint.. id be real cautios on using any kind of cleaner or residue remover on window tint.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
How about a solution of vinegar and water.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Try clay bar, I used it to get window tint adhesive off before. It might work for getting sticker residue off tint.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the sticker on the outside or inside? Tint is applied to the inside and not sure why a decal would have been applied to the inside.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
rub it with some ice and use your finger nails.

·
Black Stroker
1,187 Posts
Did you try using your finger nails? That has worked for me in the past.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Windex and a razor blade, effortless.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Voodoo Gas Divin'
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have some Stoners, so I'll give that a try. Think I'm gonna stay away from the razor blade though.

·
Registered
482 Posts
:doh:
Seriously?? You would use this to clean your tinted windows?
Yes, you can't attack the glass like a mongoloid hyena though or you'll scratch it. Brand new razor blade and keep the glass wet with windex and you'll be fine:D.

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
Yes, you can't attack the glass like a mongoloid hyena though or you'll scratch it. Brand new razor blade and keep the glass wet with windex and you'll be fine:D.
Fella, he is talking about getting a sticker of the tint, NOT the tint off the window....:poke:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Fella, he is talking about getting a sticker of the tint, NOT the tint off the window....:poke:[/QUOT
I digress, if the window is even slightly curved hes gonna be cutting his tint. Not a good idea after all.:badidea: My way is the best for removing tint though.:D

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
I will agree with you there, I have had good luck getting tint off with a razor blade and windex.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts