Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 10" wide wheel be ok for a tire that wide. I preffer the bubble look. I am picking up a truck with those on a set of rockstars. Not sure their width yet but the deff don't look bubbled much. I like the wide stance but im not running rockstars. If my 20x10 wheels r to narrow i'll probably sell whole setup and do 38's on 16 or 17 rim thats wider.

Thanks

·
Fasthog.com
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea they want 12 or so. Did a lot of searching and it has and can be done but I'll get a lot more tore roll. I guess 15.5 will be silly wide for 10 tire. I would like a 16x12 or even 10 but not buying all new. I just do NOT want to run rockstars on the truck. Without center caps they are ok but still just not for me

·
Registered
354 Posts
10" rims are fine as far as the tire goes, but obviously backspacing will play a role in terms of clearance on your leafs and body.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not sure about clearance, but a 10" rim on a 15.50 will be fine. A 12" would look better though IMO

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used to run 38x15.5x20's on Weld Cheyenne 8 wheels that were 20x12... looked good IMO
Here's some pics.. i had the front center caps off cuz they didn't have a hole for me to lock the hubs in the winter time.. when i changed out my ball joints.. i broke off the vacuum line nipples :DOH:

2003 CC SB King Ranch 8" Super Lift 38x15.5x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's (expensive, but they dont make them anymore :( )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.