Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FOOTBALL!!!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few questions for you guy's that have installed a 38r. When re-installing the pedistal and turbo should I use locktite? Also what is the wastegate pre-set at? Should I adjust the rod before installing? Thanks for your help!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I have NEVER used locktite on the turbo pedistal or hold down bolts...

I would not run the 38r with a 1.00 housing, so wastegate I cant comment on.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I used just a little drop on mine when i put it on the 2nd time because they had backed out a little when i went to take it off.

I adjusted mine all the way shut with the 1.00 housing. But if you start to see over 40psi i would open it up a little.

·
FOOTBALL!!!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did you have to adjust your wastegate to get your boost above 30psi? Thanks again for your help guy's!

·
Non Helpful Member
818 Posts
I have NEVER used locktite on the turbo pedistal or hold down bolts...

I would not run the 38r with a 1.00 housing, so wastegate I cant comment on.
LOLLOL :poke::poke::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:. It's not that bad with the 1.0

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
LOLLOL :poke::poke::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:. It's not that bad with the 1.0

Hey... I didnt say it was a bad turbo so... :poke:

LOL

Wife still has hers!!!:D

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
clamp that wastegate shut, you dont need it

·
FOOTBALL!!!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's the best way to go about setting the wastegate to open at a certain psi before I install it. Or this there such a way?

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Couldn't you set it using an air compressor with a gauge and blowing about 38 psi's thru the wastegate canister hole and adjusting the nut to that PSI as desired. No locktite used here but know some guys that did because of bolt backouts, your call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts