Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I helped a friend put some 37" MTRs on his superduty. He has a stock 2003 F350 crew cab short be and he needed some new tires pretty bad. I told him how much I loved mine and were I got them from and next thing I know he had ordered a set of 100% tread military take offs for $900 delivered. He also scored a awesome set of forged Centerlines off craigslist for $225. Everything I had read said they would fit with some trimming in the front so we set a date and got her done!

The factory wheels and worn out 32" tires

Fitting the fronts

Rubbing at the bumper

Pretty close at the back

After trimming the bumper and the back of the fender

The inner fender liner needed to be trimmed up and the main body seam had to be cut back flush with the bottom fender bolts. We then used a large zip tie to keep the fender liner pulled back in away from the tire at full lock

The bumper needed to be trimmed about 2" at the bottom edge

All done

The truck drives really well and he is super pumped with how it turned out. The amount of traction he has now is incredible. I also really like the look of the large tires no lift on trucks like this. They look so stout this way!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
looks good. im to scared to cut up fenders and bumpers. lol

I also don't really care for trucks way up in the high just ot get a super bug tire under it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no rubbing at all. We tested it out on a 3' dirt hill flexing as far as the truck could and it was free and clear.

·
Meandog06
235 Posts
Im just going to come out and say it..........Who in the hell would cut their truck up like that to go with that tire? Seems kind of redic for that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the results. I'm not at that point with my rig yet, but I'm leaning towards the "trim first, then lift as needed" method.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Im just going to come out and say it..........Who in the hell would cut their truck up like that to go with that tire? Seems kind of redic for that.

basicly its his truck, not being a azz. But would I do that to mine no. would I buy one like that I don't think so unless its a farm use only truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Geez, anyone know if I could find a deal like that in Canada?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want to have something like this on my truck. What size rims do these tires come in? I have 18s right now with a small offset. How does it not rub on the inside? i have a leveling kit and 295/70/18 tires (34.5s) and they rub at full turn. I dont care if i have to trim the bumper. Also, whats the load rating?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To each there own, it is certainly not for people who pay others to wash and wax their truck for them. The bumper trim would be a non issue if using an aftermarket, and that is the route my friend will ultimately go. The fender trim is very minor and you could almost get away without it if you wanted to. The bigger issue is the body seam behind the fender edge and that had zero effect on anything structurally or looks. You can't even see it. My buddy didn't care cause he plans on keeping the truck till it dies and use it like an actual truck. And by that tire I am gusssimg you are thinking of the old MT not the wrangler MTR. The MTR is an amazing tire in all conditions and I have used them in several sizes on several trucks. But hey, I'm the kind of guy that built my radius arm fox coilover lift kit from scratch for $2500 instead of buying an off the shelf kit for $7000 and paying some one else to bolt it on for me. Now that is redic. BTW, the sarcasm is not directed at anyone in particular, more the mall crawler crowd in general.

Geez, anyone know if I could find a deal like that in Canada?
You can order from Feltz and have them ship to you. The exchange rate will eliminate the good deal though.

I want to have something like this on my truck. What size rims do these tires come in? I have 18s right now with a small offset. How does it not rub on the inside? i have a leveling kit and 295/70/18 tires (34.5s) and they rub at full turn. I dont care if i have to trim the bumper. Also, whats the load rating?
The rims are 16.5x10 but I don't know the offset. Is is pretty high and he has about two inches of clearance at the springs at full lock. One of the best parts about these tires is they are load rated for 3700lbs per tire. They were designed for the up-armored H1s and those things were a brick. Our trucks fully loaded won't come close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts