Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of 37" goodyear military MT's with 80% tread remaining and they are mounted on 16.5" weld typhoon wheels. I got them for a heck of a price couldnt pass up but I'm learning now that its hard to find tires made for 16.5 rims now?? this true?? guess thats why I struck a deal, I was going to put a 4" lift on my truck and run them for the winter and then get new tires for my 18" harley rims.
what are you guys thoughts on this combo? these military tires ok?
thanks for any info

·
Registered
208 Posts
They are hard and average in rain / snow. I've had them on my Excursion for about 6k miles with no issues. I just towed 18k gross (scale weighted) across the country and had zero issues. For the money (usually around 50/piece) you can't go wrong IMO.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I recently bought a set of 37" goodyear military MT's with 80% tread remaining and they are mounted on 16.5" weld typhoon wheels. I got them for a heck of a price couldnt pass up but I'm learning now that its hard to find tires made for 16.5 rims now?? this true?? guess thats why I struck a deal, I was going to put a 4" lift on my truck and run them for the winter and then get new tires for my 18" harley rims.
what are you guys thoughts on this combo? these military tires ok?
thanks for any info
I also just got a set for my 96 CC....People bitch because they suck in the mud, but i cant see you taken your truck in the mud...They ride great, last forever, and are cheap!!!!

Where can we get 37's almost new for 300-400....

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are rock hard, but they last forever. Not the best tire at anything but for the price and how long they last its not a bad deal.

·
Outlaw wrench
155 Posts
I ran a set of these on 2 trucks. they were fairly quiet and rode decent. worked good for everything but deep mud. the only down side I found is when its time to replace them. These tires are getting scarce in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ran a set of these on 2 trucks. they were fairly quiet and rode decent. worked good for everything but deep mud. the only down side I found is when its time to replace them. These tires are getting scarce in my neck of the woods.
All over ebay, just gotta eat the dam shipping...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts