• 37-13.5-17 Toyo MT's

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been running 37's for 4 years now, about due for tires and thinking about dropping to 35's... It will Tow better, have a bit more HP and TQ, but wont look as good.

Help me out here people...

35-13.5-17 Toyo MT's

or

37-13.5-17 Toyo MT's

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
thought i would never hear that question from you

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
my opinion is never to downsize. but i am taking the 40's off of my 150 and putting 37's on it but thats because i'm going to starting hunting out of it more, and i don't think the dogs will be very happy with me if they have to jump on a tailgate that is 4 feet off the ground. but in your case, i'd leave the 37's, keep it looking good!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was gonna go 35" and the tire guy said they would be available the next day, or he could put on the 37's he had in stock. I now roll 37's with 456 gears and dig it. Need to switch wheels though. What gears you runnin? I figure I could have gone 430 and been ok, 373's were weak.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.73's... I love them on the hwy and the flats... but with the hybrids the Eye really has to be on the EGT gauge... or gauges...LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Eye! (Just noticed you had 16) Wow on the gauges dude, you must wear SPF 60 at night! I am seriously jealous, I would like to see some pix!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe your garrett wouldn't surge if you would actually gear correctly for the tires you run. :poke:

Funny the Turbonetics doesnt...:pointlaugh::blah:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Just razzin ya man. What size lift do you have? If you're not gonna gain any big MPG's or anything by downsizing, I probably wouldn't if it is going to look wierd.

Now if you could easily drop about 2 inches to compensate, I'd go 35's

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Hey CSI go with your 37's but change out your gears to 4.30's and you should be set and happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm selling my used 35's on 17's, going to 38's on 18's. Bigger is better;)

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
After running 37s for the last 2 years I'm just completely over it. Loading the truck, working on the motor, parking, etc...it just gets to be a PITA.

I had 2 sets of BFG 35s. Then I ran Nitto 37s. I just got a set of 35" Toyos and I spent all day yesterday swapping suspension parts, front axles, and rear gears w/ a guy. We still have a ways to go however as his axle (my old axle) is still lying on the ground in front of his truck.

My 5.5" Fabtech lift was 7" higher (from top of front axle to frame) than his stock springs and his stock springs were almost new! I did grab some Tough Country 2.5" springs off of flea-bay cause I just couldn't stand to have a truck w/ less than 35s. W/ the RC springs not settled in I lost 3" from my FT springs. I plan to trim if it doesn't clear or do a small body lift to make room for compounds.

I'm going for a different look w/ my rig; low as possible, blacked out rims, w/ wide fat tires. A little more menacing and a lot more usable.

I'm also hoping to be able to get more than 10-12 mpg w/ the gear swap and all. I use to see high teens mpgs all the time back in the dayand I'd like to get some of that back.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Joe has a 6" lift on 37s. Personally, I'd leave the 37s on there since you already modified the bumper for them to fit. It'd look funny going to 35s now.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joe has a 6" lift on 37s. Personally, I'd leave the 37s on there since you already modified the bumper for them to fit. It'd look funny going to 35s now.

4" lift and 37's...:D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Joe, when ya comin' over this side of the of the mountain? Ya need to take my truck for a test drive with 37s before you decide to downgrade to 35s. :) Show you that you don't meed smaller tires for acceleration. :D

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Joe, when ya comin' over this side of the of the mountain? Ya need to take my truck for a test drive with 37s before you decide to downgrade to 35s. :) Show you that you don't meed smaller tires for acceleration. :D

O I am over here ... and its not the accel that bugs me, its the towing... I could regear... but I am about due for tires anyway... I am 90% sure I am going to stay with 37's... but...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts