Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it work? I know I'll have to trim the front bumper to fit, I've had 33's before. It's snowing and I'm desperate cuz my tires on my truck are bald, and I have a set of decent 35's in my shed.

I know itll rub the inside with sharp turns. But my main concern is will it hit the corner of my fender when I turn? Im running stock wheels for a 97 7.3 XLT.

My truck is a 1997 F-250 HD 7.3 RCLB. Stock suspension.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
got 35 12.50s on mine. trim the bumper and you'll be fine. mine dont rub when i turn either

·
79 Posts
thats if you have a d60. not sure about the ttb

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
35s are gonna be close on a F250. You will DEFINATLY have to trim and or shim the bumper. Not sure about fender clearance. Alot has to do with offset and rim width

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I would think with a TTB it'll be same clearances. And I have stock offset wheels, so the offset should be okay.

If I have to, I guess I could have a place mount one of the tires on, and then check clearances. Ill just take the bumper off to see if the tire clears the fender before I cut it up.

·
79 Posts
Almost posotive the D60 makes the truck sit a little higher.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Dana 60 alone will sit around 2" higher then a TTB. I know everyone thought I lifted mine after I did a 60 swap.

Rob's 97 F250 with an add-a-leaf & just cleared 285 bfgs on stock acolas.

315s will clear with slight spring rubbing at full crank on a OBS with a Dana 60 though.

(sorry I don't have a stock bumper or I would show how close it sat)

·
Registered
219 Posts
33's + no lift will work on a pavement queen...bumper was about 1" forward:
Before:

After (not a good idea for Jeep trails):

Now (3" RSK, 37's, big offset, rubbing everwhere) Hope this helps....:

My vote's for about 4-5"+ lift w/35's. I'm probably going back to 33's myself.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Sweet F350 Junkie! :bowfast:

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, got a bolt in one of my tires today... guess I'll try to see if the 35's fit...

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's the stock ride Hight for a cclb f350 with the d60? I just got mine and I can't figure out whether or mot it has been lifted

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok... im probably going to be putting some 35s on it soon but I think it will clear. Might have to do a little trimming maybe

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone. Got the 35's on. They fit fine. Had a spare bumper that was already trimmed for 33's I had on another truck. Just a lil rubbing on the springs when cutting the wheel fully.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
post up some pics

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on 35's

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, it's not spaced out at all. I had this bumper as spare that was already trimmed from when I had 33's on my ole IDI.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts