Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 f350 cclb 4x4 zf5 4" suspension lift and 35's falken all terrain tires. Has a bed topper too. Stock 4.10s gear

Truck was bought a couple month ago by my fiancé. She hasn't driven it besides when she and her dad picked it up and sitting at are apartment now. She's only started it took it around the block a couple times to warm it up then parked it. It's always been a dream truck of mine and now that I have it I can't wait to get home to it.

Currently deployed in afghanistan and I'll be home in a couple days. What mpg should I expect out of it? I heard on the highway to keep it no more then 2000 rpms and just set the cruise and let it go.

Don't know if the speedometer has been recal or not but I'll check it out on the highway set at 60 and countdown from 60 between mile markers.

As well its all stock everything besides lift tires. I was looking at doing the 6637 air intake mod and a 3" downpipe/ 4" exhaust diamond eye combo and a edge ccts tuner sense it's all in one guages and tuner.

With these said mods hopefully it'll be a little bit more uph in the old truck.

It's be a dd to and from work and towing my drag car to the strip or back to Oklahoma.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Well its a big truck with a lift & big tires. Id say u could see anywhere depending on alot of factors between 12-18mpgs.
Its a diesel dont be afraid to wind it up its not gonna hurt anything. I mean if u want Great mpgs Yea keep it as low as possible but dont be scared to drop down a gear & spin it if u come to a Hill.

You will like the intake & exhaust & it will help it breath better.

I do suggest a custom tuned chip & good mechincal gauges. Id take a look at power hungry performance Hydra Chip.

Really the injectors are gonna be the limiting factory for power.

Also Hint these trucks are addictive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I take and exhaust I'll keep. What guages should I get being a man transmission? I know egt and boost are a must. Anything else I should moniter?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Thats about it but if u want u could look into a Scan Gauge & maybe a Drive pressure gauge

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I get 12 with 35's toyo mt's and 3.55's
and brand new injectors

·
1,097 Posts
Re: Post #3

The EGT is the one gauge you really have to have if you want MPG.

Ten years ago a racer advised me that keeping EGT below 600 degrees results in good MPG. I have found that to be very sound advice. Lower EGT means lower fuel burn.

Check out the "Tire Size" sticky. New info.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We just did one with Stage 1's 160 stock nozzles, everything else stock except for 34" tires and 4.10's Here at 5000' customers getting 21-22 on the hyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts