Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on putting 35's on the stock 20 inch wheels with a 2.5" icon stage 4 leveling kit when I get my truck. I talked to the dealership and they said they can adjust the speedometer within 'Ford's parameters'. I am not planning on getting a tuner, so my question is has anyone had any experience with having the dealership recalibrate the speedometer? Does it make your mph spot-on or is it still off a little bit?

Also, the dealer mentioned that the tire pressure indicators should be ok if I stick with the stock rims? Is this true with bigger aftermarket tires?

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
My speedo was actually reading a few mph faster than my actual speed before and now with 35s it's dead on w gps... Also it's not the size of the tire, it's the max cold that matters on the tpms...

·
Registered
461 Posts
My speedo was actually reading a few mph faster than my actual speed before and now with 35s it's dead on w gps... Also it's not the size of the tire, it's the max cold that matters on the tpms...

Same here, dead on with 35's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is actually off quite a bit. When my speedo shows me doing 70mph I am actually going 74mph via gps. I plan on having the dealer re-calibrate when I bring her in for the first oil change.

I had stock 18's and went to 35's on 20's.

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
ya mine came stock with the 18s 3.31 gears and now im running same gears just 20s and 35...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine came with 18's and I have the 3.55 elec locker. It is dead on gps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know. I'll drive it around a bit before I have them reprogram anything.

I know with the TPMS it goes by the cold psi, but can they not reprogram it to a lower psi for the aftermarket tires?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just saw a thread where TPMS question was answered in technical info forum. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts