Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...sticking with 35's...now what size wheel?

looking for some opinions. I have my Icon 4.5" lift sitting here and want to get some wheels and tires. options are 20s and 35s or 22s and 35s. cant go to 37s as its not enough lift PLUS I still tow a Mustang so going to stay with 35s. I am torn between the two as I have seen pics of 24s and 37s and love the look of the bigger rims. majority does 20s and 35s....little less tires available for 22s but there are enough. anyways...here is my truck

lookin at getting Mazzi Hulks or the Ealge Alloy version

actually found a pic of a silver cc with these in 20s and 35s

here is a truck with 22s and 35" Nitto's

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I would have to lean towards the 22's. 20's with 35's look almost the same as the factory setup proportion wise, and as you said most everyone does 20's and 35's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't go any bigger than a 18" wheel,.. if you are getting 35's
not a fan of big tires...even 18s and 35s...tire just looks too big imo

you say wouldnt as opinion or you have something behind that?

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
nope ...opinion only....I prefer biggers tires,..but some "OOLAM'S" aren't to bad.

I'm not a fan of the "rubber band" look.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope ...opinion only....I prefer biggers tires,..but some "OOLAM'S" aren't to bad.

I'm not a fan of the "rubber band" look.
oolams? haha

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
It sounds like you are leaning towards the 22's. If you are....then go that route.

I think the 22's make the truck look more proportional.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have 20's and 35's , I like them I think 22's look good as hell.....but w/ 35's you are gonna lose some ride w/ the 22's not much sidewalll to flex, my 20's rode alot stiffer than the factory setup. Just some info....just do what you like its your truck and you gotta look at it and drive it everyday not us!! LOL

Good luck

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Here's mine with 35's and 22's

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
i'd say 22's, procomp extreem mud terrain has a 35 for 22's, and mazzi hulks are by far my favorite wheel ever, if i do another lifted truck thats what its getting

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
I'd say 18"s as well, but i'm partial to 18"s. I had 20's on my last truck for a week and took them off and put my 18"s back on. If i had 38"s or something larger i might look at 20's but anything less i would have to stick with 18"s.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Lube, that tire and wheel setup looks KILLER on your truck! I run 35's on 20" moto metal 954's, the tires are very heavy (for my 7.3 at least) and it slowed it down quite a bit. I am going to with a street/AT tire next go-around but this time with a 33" tire to make it look proportional to a 35 on 22

1 - 17 of 17 Posts